Testing hormones through the saliva is an easy, non-invasive way of assessing hormone levels. For certain hormones, it has been shown to be a more accurate method of addressing hormone imbalance.
Who would benefit from hormone testing?
- Anyone who has experienced chronic, long term stress or short periods of intense stress
- Women who suffer from irregular periods
- Women who experience PMS
- Peri or post menopausal women who are concerned with an estrogen/progesterone imbalance
- Men and women who are concerned with changing hormone levels as a result of age
- Anyone experiencing the following symptoms: weight problems, insomnia, fatigue, acne, blood sugar imbalance and decrease immune function
Which hormones can be tested?
- Estrogen – is the main female hormone and if imbalanced it can contribute to menstrual disruption in cycling women, unpleasant symptoms for menopausal women and possibly cause certain female cancers.
- Progesterone – is required to balance estrogen levels
- Testosterone – is a hormone that is essential for both men and women
- DHEA – is needed for energy production and blood sugar balance and is required to produce other hormones such as testosterone.
- Cortisol – this hormone level changes throughout the day and it is necessary for stress management, blood sugar metabolism, energy production and anti-inflammatory effects.
What is the process?