Now that winter is here, the changes in weather can take a
toll on our immune systems. Here are some Naturopathic
tips to keep you staying healthy:
* Vitamin C – acts as an immune enhancer and has
antioxidant properties. I usually recommend either
Scorbatate (Genestra) or Ultra Potency C
(Metagenics) as these contain high amounts of
absorbable Vitamin C.
* Zinc – also helps to boost the immune system.
* Probiotics - help to replenish friendly intestinal
bacteria and support digestive and immune health.
* Echinacea – an excellent herb to be used SHORT
term to boost the immune system. Works best
when taken at the onset of cold/flu symptoms.
* Astragalus – another great herb that can be used
long term to prevent colds.
Other Lifestyle Factors:
* Drink lots of water
* Get plenty of rest
* Wash your hands often to prevent transmission of
* Eat a diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables to
ensure that you get enough of your vitamins and