What are some causes of Leaky Gut Syndrome?
- eating processed foods
- excessive NSAID (ie Advil) use
- eating too quickly, not chewing food properly, drinking liquids with meals
- intestinal infections
- delayed transit time - not eating enough fiber
- eating too many refined sugars
- eating foods that you might be allergic or intolerant to
- diets high in saturated fats
- chronic alcohol consumption
- gas, bloating, constipation or diarrhea - Irritable Bowel symptoms
- food allergies
- eczema and other skin issues
- muscle/joint pain
- poor concentration
- hormone imbalance
- sinus and respiratory symptoms and asthma
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (colitis, Crohn's)
- Celiac disease
Can it be treated?
Yes it can. The first step in treatment involves removing the cause. Then it varies depending on the severity of the symptoms and how long they have been present. There are excellent treatments that can be used to help rebuild and repair the intestinal damage.